A dog exercise pen does not always have to be set up in a circle and is very versatile in many configurations. Here are a few ways you can use your ex-pen:
1. Block off access to a room, sofa, bed, Christmas tree, or food on the counter top.
2. Protect newly planted landscape or block off dog's favorite digging spot.
3. Protect visitors from getting jumped on while dog is being trained to cease jumping.
4. Place on the inside or outside of door to keep dog from dashing through doorway.
5. Use as small, off-leash area to potty and exercise dog when you are travelling.
6. Expose young, under-vaccinated puppy to new sights and sounds while keeping him protected from disease.
7. Use as barrier to introduce dogs.
8. Confine dog while visiting a house or hotel room. It's the courteous way to treat your host.
9. Place parallel to a wall to help in training Heel, Come, Fetch, and Back Up.
10. As an aid to teach dog not to jump on you as you approach: place dog in ex-pen and walk up to him. If he jumps on fence, turn and walk away. Repeat, repeat, repeat until he does not jump on your approach. Reward generously.
11. Prevent young children from inappropriately approaching dog.
12. Drying laundry. :)